如果找到了对您有用的资料,烦请点击右手边的Google广告支持我继续共享知识,谢谢! http://dengpeng.spaces.live.com/

2008年7月12日星期六

Change local in NetBeans IDE

My operating platform is Chinese version, while I prefer to user English version IDE. It's strange that the menu and label are still Chinese words even if I downloaded and installed a English version NetBeans. Java's i18n is great, so NetBeans can adjust its local according to Operating Platform by default.
To change the NetBeans local to English version, modify the file $NETBENA_HOME/etc/netbeans.conf
add "--local en" in "netbeans_default_options"
For example, the original:
netbeans_default_options="-J-Xms32m -J-Xmx128m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=160m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true "
Modified:
netbeans_default_options="-J-Xms32m -J-Xmx128m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=160m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true --locale en"

http://lilyblack.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!90FA6316A38FD1CD!236.entry

2 条评论:

branajam 说...

Hi,
My name is James Branam and I'm the NetBeans Community Docs Manager. Your blog entry would make a fantastic Tips & Tricks entry for our Community Docs wiki (http://wiki.netbeans.org//CommunityDocs). Would you be willing to contribute it? If you need any help or have any questions, please contact me at james.branam@sun.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Unknown 说...

Hi, it is great blog and help me much. But I think why Netbeans has no options to change between different UI languages since it is a muliti-language version of NetBeans IDE.

Anyway, good tips.